Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today is a day to chant (warning, a little gross)

FUN NO MATTER WHAT.

Ok, so it's not really that bad. But I woke up exhausted today because the rain woke me (it was raining really hard--it does that here a lot apparently) and then Liam had, how can I put this delicately?

I can't.

He had projectile poop. That's right folks. This morning he launched operation poopy mommy and as I was changing him he shot a small brown ehem, turd, right at me! Luckily, thanks to the fiber in his new diet, it was more solid than poops in the past--but because it was more solid it flew out of his bottom (powered by more gas than I thought possible) and bounced off of my shirt and onto the floor--at which time I burst out laughing.

FUN NO MATTER WHAT!

Then as we were eating peas and brown rice, he managed to hook his little hand into the container and tip the whole thing out of my hand before I even knew what was happening. Result? Baby covered in 5oz of green food. Needless to say, the bib did not help. Did I mention that he just had a bath this morning? He grinned and I sighed.

FUN NO MATTER WHAT! (Say it with me now.)

So then I put him down for a nap only to discover that at some point earlier in the day he had peed in his bed. Don't ask me how this happened because none of his diapers were soaked through, but there was pee there all the same. So, with a very tired and beginning to be cranky baby, I changed the sheet and put him in the crib. And guess what? He smiled up and me and went right to sleep. And in that moment it was all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. That was fabulously told. I could hear your voice throughout. I'm glad the morning ended well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar experience Wed. Henri looked funny when he was starting a bottle while on the floor while I did dishes, so I sat him out and he projectile vomited all over me, not only his peaches that he'd just finished, but A HALF A PISTACHIO SHELL I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete