Monday, August 24, 2009

A good morning

Today Ryan started his first class and I am at home with Liam until work at 1pm.

I feel like God really blessed our morning because everything has run very smoothly so far. Liam slept in until 6am this morning (I know, that's early, but he's usually up by 5am) and so I got to sleep a little later as well. After I fed him, he went right back to sleep until almost 9am.

I made pancakes (and eggs for Ryan) for breakfast and had time to take a shower, do the dishes, fold a load of laundry and make the bed before Liam woke up. Now he is taking his second nap of the day and I am getting things ready for Ryan to watch him this afternoon.

I'm feeling very blessed that I have my mornings free so that I can spend time with my little man and take care of a few things at home also. I am well aware that not everyone has this luxury.

Yesterday I made Liam some baby food. Sweet potato and brown rice puree, and peas and brown rice puree. He likes them and is now eating about 6oz of "solid" food a day. We really need to get a highchair! It was on the list for yesterday, but we haven't gotten to that part of the list yet.

That's all for now, I need to fold his diapers and make lunch before the town crier wakes up again. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww... he'll be munching on everything before you know it. Do you have a high chair picked out? I hope that the rest of your day goes as well as your morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I sort of have one picked out. But I'm not totally set on it yet.

    ReplyDelete