Sunday, August 9, 2009

Michigan Bound

July 28


We’re on our way to Michigan after a very tearful goodbye to our friends in Walla Walla. It was extremely hard to say goodbye to our friends yesterday, but we got through it and now we are driving across the country on I-90 to Michigan where we will start over again. At least that’s how it always feels to me when we make one of these moves. Starting over isn’t all bad, but it’s always difficult because it makes us step outside what’s comfortable.


I have a job interview with the seminary dean to be his executive assistant a week from tomorrow. I’m not sure if that job will work out or not, but it might be a good thing if it does. I’m hoping that it would help me to feel more connected to the faculty and to Ryan’s friends in the program--I’m sure it would mean that I would have a better idea about what is going on and maybe I’d feel less awkward than I did participating in events when Ryan was at Walla Walla.


Right now we are going through the continental divide in Montana (the Rocky Mountains). It’s over a mile high here. The Rockies are weird looking, it just looks like piles of big rocks with trees growing out of them. Not the type of mountains I’m used to seeing. I’m sitting in the backseat with Liam who is trying not to fall asleep much to my disappointment. He has a cloth book that he’s looking at and we are playing very soothing music, which I think is making us more relaxed than him! He was is so tired, but he’s also so tired of being in his carseat. I hate to think what the rest of the week is going to be like, this is only day two of our five day drive.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sad. Saying goodbye. You leaving. Sigh. I miss you dearly. :)

    ReplyDelete