Sunday, August 9, 2009

So close and yet...



August 2

We are on our way to Berrien now, just had breakfast at the Country Kitchen restaurant, which was actually the best breakfast we’ve had for the whole trip. They had really good pancakes. I got blueberry, which reminded me of my mom since that’s her favorite. Ryan had plain with an over-easy egg and turkey sausage. Liam was crabby, so we didn’t linger over our meals, but the food was tasty all the same. I’m feeling mixed feelings about going to our new place. On the one hand, it will be SO great to not be traveling anymore. On the other, it means that things are final, that we are actually doing this crazy thing--moving to Michigan. And it’s that second hand that makes me want to delay getting there. My heart hurts because I miss my friends and family so much. I can’t believe that we have actually moved so far from them--and the distance is painfully obvious when you make the drive. It’s taken us almost a full week to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment