Thursday, September 3, 2009

The difference an hour can make

Today for an entire hour I sat in the coffee shop (yes, there is just one here in town) with a new friend and talked and commiserated and laughed. Ryan watched Liam so I got to go by myself. It was fabulous. I came home in such a good mood and with renewed energy that allowed me to get an enormous amount of housework done in a short time. It's now the end of the day and I still feel the affects of my morning out--not too tired and full of energy. This is the affect that an hour of talking can have on an extravert who lives with an introvert! I also work for an introvert! No one wants to talk to me all day :/. So thank you to Emily for the fun hour.

In other news, Liam is now eating peaches and took all his naps today. However, I think he might have a little thrush. So I've been dosing him with apple cider vinegar (just wiping out his mouth with it) and am regularly sterilizing everything that goes in his mouth (including myself :P). Then giving him water to drink. It doesn't look too bad, and he isn't bothered by it at all. Also he has a doctor's appt. on Tuesday, so if it's still hanging out then, we'll get some drugs to fix it. In the mean time, no sweet potatoes for him! (sugar + starch + milk = happy yeast!) We'll stick to peas for a bit.

What else. Let's see--I've been happily designing baby announcement cards for friends this week. That's right, friends. I seem to have started a trend. So in my spare time I've been creating cards for them. I just finished the third one. Yay! Anyone need a card designed? I'm having a lot of fun with it.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for more exciting adventures. If we had a theme song it would be playing now.....


2 comments:

  1. I would just like to add that the cards are beautiful! :)
    I'm so glad that you got out for a little socialization! Hope that you can keep on getting some chat time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cas. :) We had our neighbors over for dinner and worship last night. It was really fun. I wish you guys were here for it.

    ReplyDelete