Friday, January 1, 2010

Squeaky clean

Ryan promises he will blog because: 1. He has a very funny story to share and 2. He has been neglecting his blogging duties.

I also have a funny story to share.

Right before Christmas, our friends Charley and Rachel came to visit with their sweet little boy Levi. Levi is about 20 months old. It was wonderful to see people from Walla Walla! Rachel was here to be the maid of honor in her friend's wedding, and Charley and Levi came along for the ride.

OK, you've been patient, so here's the funny part.

Rachel went to help get things ready on Saturday night for the wedding, which was Sunday and sent Charley over to our house to do a load of laundry and bathe Levi before the Rehearsal dinner started. I set out a towel, soap, shampoo and lotion for Charley to use, and left him to it. The lotion was in a little pot (it's a cream) and the soap and shampoo were in similar containers on top of the towel. A few minutes later, Charley comes down with Levi, who is clean and dressed. He mentions to me, "wow, that lotion is really good, it's got a lot of oil in it." And I was thinking, "Yes, it's good lotion, but it's not oily." So I ask Charley, "What do you mean?" And he says, "Well, I can still feel it on my hands, it almost lathered."

And this is when it occurs to me that Charley has slathered his son in "creamy wash". Having used the shampoo as soap, he went on to coat Levi in a layer of moisturizing soap--he didn't notice the actual lotion at all. I explained to Charley what I thought he might have done, and he said, "No! It said cream!" So I go upstairs and show him the bottle, yep, it's the soap. I then took Levi from his flabbergasted and defeated-looking father, and he got bath number two. A very, very clean little boy. :P We all had a good laugh. Even Charley.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I've done something similar...someone gave me a small bottle of body wash from Bath & Body Works as a gift and I tossed it in my purse, thinking it was travel sized lotion. The first time I used it I couldn't get it worked in and asked them what kind of cream it was. When she saw what I was doing, she burst out laughing and could only point at the bottle where it clearly said "Body Wash."

    We were on a bus in the middle of Florida so I had sticky hands for a while.

    ReplyDelete