Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Jude Robert Kilgore

7:55am, September 28, 2010
6lbs, 5oz, 19.75 inches



More photos click HERE.

The Story:

It's 6am. I am up with my mom and Liam. I have just given Liam some soy yogurt and blueberries (this is his pre-breakfast appetizer) when I have a strong contraction. So I go lay down on the couch for a few minutes to relax. Then I have another. It is stronger. It hurts. A lot.

At 6:25 I tell my mom to go upstairs and wake up Ryan and tell him we need to go to the hospital, and that if she wants a shower, now is the time. I have more strong contractions. I try to take a shower and fail because...well, because I am in too much pain.

It is now almost 7am. We get in the car to drive 40 minutes to Memorial Hospital, where I plan to deliver. We arrive at 7:30 because Ryan drives like crazy to get there (fast). We pull into the parking garage and park next to the door. I collapse on all fours and proceed to pant in the entry way. Someone walks by me, I ignore him. Ryan gets a wheel chair and wheels  me in.

There is no one at the front desk. Ryan calls the emergency number, and a nurse comes right away. She takes me to triage and asks me to get in a gown. I can't. I take off the clothes that I have to and get into the bed.

It is now 7:33am. They wheel me into a delivery room that's not quite ready because Jude is ready to come even if we are not ready for him to arrive. I beg for drugs. I am told no. I beg several more times. Finally the doctor looks me in the eyes and says, "your baby is coming in 3-5 minutes, there is not time, I'm sorry". The nurse says I can try a shot, but it probably won't work. I can't decide because I can't think. So I don't get that either. Probably better that I didn't because it makes the baby sleepy.

I feel a lot of pain. My water has still not broken. I am all the way dilated so the doctor breaks my water. Jude starts to crown immediately. The bed is not prepared for delivery. The doctor tells me to wait. Yeah, right.  Jude is born on the bed mattress at 7:55am--22 minutes after I was admitted. WHEW!

He is healthy, strong and sweet. And we are thankful he waited until the hospital to be born. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment