Saturday, June 12, 2010

Update

Today is the first day of my 21st week of pregnancy, meaning that I am more than half-way to my due date. Ryan and I have decided to name this little boy Jude. The middle name is still undecided--but we are close, very close, to choosing one.

Liam is growing up and growing fast. It seems that he is everywhere at once, and he gets so much excitement and joy out of the smallest things. It is fun watching him explore his world, and also very tiring. Thank goodness for nap time and bedtime!

Ryan is going to take over at as the Dean's assistant (my job) when I go on maternity leave, so instead of coming home and watching Liam (and Jude) in the afternoons, he will go to work. And if all goes as planned, when I'm ready to go back, he will come home after class in the afternoons again to watch the boys. I love that my boss is so flexible about this! It means that we won't lose our income for those few months and I will be able to stay home until Jude is eating less often and I can leave him more easily. Ryan will start a couple weeks after Jude is born.

It's humid here, and warm. Summer is on the way. We are happy and healthy, but we do miss home and everyone there.  We think of you all often.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome, Erin! I'm really happy it worked out because it means that the length of time I take is flexible, and also, that we will have the same income we have now. Such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete